Supervisor – Library Services
Fairview Health Services
The University of Minnesota Medical Center – Riverside (West Bank) is currently seeking a Library Services Supervisor. The Supervisor sets immediate and strategic direction and leadership for the Medical Libraries to maximize effectiveness, including assessing the knowledge/information needs of staff and other customers and providing resources and services to meet those needs. Establishes an infrastructure of staff, information resources, and policies/processes to communicate and deliver services across the entire organization.
Duties and expectations include:
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the Library.
- Promotes open and effective lines of communication within the department and with other Fairview departments.
- Accountable for planning and financial management for the Library.
- Develops and implement strategic plan consistent with Fairview’s long-range plan which takes into consideration Fairview’s strategic goals and direction.
- Responsible for human resource management of staff in the Library.
- Meets the information needs of Library patrons, including Fairview patient care providers and other employees, ensuring that they can utilize information services effectively and efficiently
- Master’s Degree in Library Science or Information Science.
- Academy of Health Information Professional (AHIP) membership
- 3 years in management/supervisory
- 3+ years in management/supervisory
Apply online at: https://goo.gl/HQ4KRM