Announcing two free webinars about the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Public Access Policy and the role of libraries, hosted by the NIH and by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Southeastern/Atlantic Region.
The NIH Public Access Policy – Information for Librarians (August 19)
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
Please list any questions you would like us to address in the “Questions & Comments” section on the online registration page.
Register at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/269124766
Presented by Dr. Neil Thakur, National Institutes of Health, and by Kathryn Funk, National Library of Medicine.
Join us for a discussion about the NIH Public Access Policy and the critical role libraries play. This webinar will:
- Review basics of the policy, and the role of librarians;
- Present the Public Access Compliance Monitor;
- Answer questions about the policy sent to us in advance via the online registration form;
- Address issues and questions raised during the webinar.
The NIH Public Access Policy – Views from the Library Trenches (August 26)
Time: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM EDT
Join the webinar on August 26 at https://webmeeting.nih.gov/npap/
For audio, dial 1-800-605-5167, and enter participant code: 816440
You’ve heard the specifics of the NIH Policy. Find out how librarians are responding to the need to get researchers up to speed on compliance with the policy. Join us to find out:
- What strategies librarians are using to support their communities. What’s worked; and what hasn’t;
- How to get started, and which groups to work with at your institution;
- What tools librarians can use to help researchers and improve compliance rates;
- How librarians can work with each other to improve outcomes.
This webinar will feature presentations from three libraries with experience on the ground helping researchers with the NIH Public Access Policy, followed by a Q&A with the audience. The following presenters will discuss their unique approaches in the trenches of supporting and providing outreach on the policy:
- Emily Mazure, Duke University Medical Center Library
- Susan Steelman and Jessie Casella, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Library
- Scott Lapinski, Harvard University, Countway Library of Medicine
Beth Layton, MLS, MBA, AHIP
National Network of Libraries of Medicine
Greater Midwest Region
1750 W. Polk St. M/C 763
Chicago, IL 60612-4330