NIH Director’s Transformative Research Projects Award Program
Announcing funding for Transformative Research Projects (T-R01) Award Program:
* Exceptionally innovative, high risk, original and/or unconventional research
* Clinical, basic, and/or behavioral/social science research projects
* Up to $25 million total costs per year for a single project
* One-third of total funding budget geared to projects with more than $1 Million in direct costs.
The deadline for submitting Transformative Research Project applications is October 27, 2010 with Letters of Intent due by September 27, 2010. See the instructions in the RFA (RFA-RM-10-010). Additional information, including Frequently Asked Questions about the Transformative Research Projects Program is available at: http://commonfund.nih.gov/T-R01. Send questions to T_R01@mail.nih.gov.
NIH Director’s Pioneer and New Innovator Awards Program
NIH welcomes proposals for 2011 NIH Director’s Pioneer Awards and New Innovator Awards for innovative approaches to major challenges in biomedical or behavioral research.
- Up to $2.5 million in direct costs over 5 years
- Open to scientists at any career stage.
New Innovator Awards:
- Up to $1.5 million in direct costs over 5 years
- For early stage investigators (ESI), defined as those who have not received an NIH R01 or similar grant and are within 10 years of completing their terminal research degree or medical residency.
NIH expects to make at least 7 Pioneer Awards and at least 33 New Innovator Awards in summer 2011. To continue its strong record of diversity in these programs, NIH especially encourages women and members of groups that are underrepresented in NIH research to apply.
The deadline for submitting Pioneer Award applications is September 13, 2010. See the instructions in the RFA (RFA-RM-10-008) and http://commonfund.nih.gov/pioneer for more information. Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting New Innovator Award applications is September 20, 2010. See the instructions in the RFA (RFA-RM-10-009) and http://commonfund.nih.gov/newinnovator for more information. Send questions to email@example.com.
The NIH Common Fund (formerly the NIH Roadmap) encourages collaboration and supports a series of exceptionally high impact, trans-NIH programs. These programs are supported by the Common Fund, and managed by the NIH Office of the Director in partnership with the various NIH Institutes, Centers and Offices. Additional information about the NIH Common Fund can be found at http://commonfund.nih.gov.