The GMR is sponsoring two sites in Minnesota for the November 18th MLA webcast. We are planning to apply to host at the Bio-Medical Library at the University of Minnesota, so that leaves one site open for sponsorship (preferably outside the metro). So, if you’re interested in hosting a viewing at your institution, let the list know.
Here is the info:
The GMR will again sponsor a number of MLA Webcast sites throughout our region. We will sponsor the registration costs for up to two (2) sites per state in the region for this webcast.
Because of the limited number of sites we can sponsor, we encourage you to work with your state and local health science librarian groups to identify centralized locations.
Information on NN/LM-GMR Sponsorship of the November 18, 2009, MLA webcast sites for
Cut the Cord: Connecting to our Mobile Users is available at:http://nnlm.gov/gmr/funding/mlawebcast.html and is included below.
To submit your request to be a sponsored site:
1. Print a copy of the MLA Webcast registration form. A PDF version of the registration form may be found at: http://www.mlanet.org/pdf/ce/mt_site_reg.pdf
2. Complete the form, but do not include purchase order or credit card information; no payment is required.
3. Do not send the form to MLA. Instead, fax the completed form to:
GMR Information Service Supervisor
4. IMPORTANT: Along with your fax, please describe how many attendees you expect to draw at your location and how you plan to promote this webcast to those in your area. You may write this information on the form, a fax cover sheet or include it in the email.
5. After faxing the registration, please email Holly Burt at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your email address and to let us know it is on the way. If there are additional contacts for your webcast site (e.g. a co-coordinator), please include their email address(es) in your message. Finally, if the site location differs from the sponsoring institution, note how your information should be listed on our webpage (see GMR Sponsored Webcast Sites at: http://nnlm.gov/gmr/funding/mlawebcastsites.html).
6. The deadline to submit registration and information to the GMR is Friday, October 16, 2009.
Selection Process: Site selection will be based on geographical location, accessibility, and potential number of attendees. Up to two (2) sites per state will be funded. Selections will be made by Wednesday, October 21, 2009, and all submitters will be informed of the GMR’s decisions. Please note that the GMR will be covering the costs for Site Participation only,
not Individual Participation.
Site coordinators will receive one (1) activity point applicable to their Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) membership. An additional point is available for leading a wrap-around session.
If you have any questions, please contact Holly Ann Burt, Outreach and Exhibits Coordinator at 1-800-338-7657 and press one (1) for the Regional Network Office or in the Chicago metro area call 312-996-2464.
Alternatively, email me at email@example.com.
Holly Ann Burt, MLIS
Outreach and Exhibits Coordinator
NN/LM-Greater Midwest Region
1750 W. Polk St. M/C 763
Chicago, IL 60612-4330
phone: 800-338-7657 (in the Region) or